There is no such thing as a 'typical governor'. You
do not need any formal qualifications, just an interest in the school, some
energy, enthusiasm and some time to commit to the role.
Who can be a Governor?
- Almost everyone over 18 can become a governor
- Governors are volunteers from all walks of life -
everyone has experience and skills to offer
- An effective governing body has people from
different backgrounds with a mix of skills
- Governors are not education experts - they are
there to bring a fresh perspective
- No formal qualifications are needed
What makes a good Governor?
- Common sense
- The ability to work in a team
- An interest in education and a commitment to the
- Patience, energy, enthusiasm and some spare time
If you would like to find out more about being a governor of if you just
wish to contact us, please ask at the school office or email an enquiry through
the School Contact Page and we will respond as soon as we are able.
Thank you for your interest.